[Done] Update 06/08/13 - Balancing, Quest Items, Etc!

Laeta
    Administrator
    Administrator

[Done] Update 06/08/13 - Balancing, Quest Items, Etc!

Post by Laeta on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:45 am

Hello everyone!

We are going to do another maintenance today. The main purpose of this maintenance is to focus on class balance.

We've noticed that almost our entire population mains Champion or Creator. After doing some testing we came to the conclusion that these classes
    seem to stand out by far compared to the rest of the classes, which is something we want to avoid! So, the following is going to change regarding class balance:

• ATK will raise. This means that physical (including long range) damage will deal more damage. Skills and normal DPS!
    • MATK will raise. Casters will become more important, you'll do a good ~14k Storm Gust (per hit, without reductions - tested on Aliot) after the update.
    • The damage of Acid Demonstration will be reduced by about 10%.
    • The damage of Asura Strike will be reduced by about 30% - Sounds like a lot, but keep in mind, skills such as Finger Offensive and Combo's got buffed because of
      the general ATK buff, so you won't only suffer from this update. In fact, you probably got better from it.

Take note, while buffing the general damage, the damage of monsters (ATK & MATK) has been buffed as well!

So far the class balancing. Now to the stuff not related to that!

Now you probably wonder what else is going to change. Here's a list~

• The Faction War will occur more often, after the update it'll be every hour at XX:45 server time, which means: 00:45, 01:45, 02:45, and so on.
    • Middle-Headgear Quests will be available! The Vote/Donation Middle Headgears can now be made through this quest. Find the NPC by using the
      WarfareRO City Guide.
    • Thanatos Tower will be opened up to floor 7. That being said, Stone of Sages can be farmed. This is probably the best way to make Zeny!
    • Odin's Temple floor 2 and 3 will be accessible through the Warper NPC.
    • An "Event Board" NPC will be available. This NPC states what events we have and at which exact times. Easy for you to keep track!
    • Grape Juice will be added to the Tool Dealer NPCs and it'll heal a suitable amount (5%) SP. Do note that this has absolutely no nothing to do with
      the Ygg Berry poll! That poll is still up and open for discussion.

The estimated downtime will be no longer than 15 minutes.

The maintenance will be held earier if we find a moment were no one is online, if that isn't going to happen, we'll stick at 22:00 server time (@time).

Enjoy playing!

- WarfareRO Staff

Please be so kind to vote for us! Or like us on Facebook!
    Also, reviews are very much appreciated! - Thank you!
    killing spree

Re: [Done] Update 06/08/13 - Balancing, Quest Items, Etc!

Post by killing spree on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Champ just got lamer, the class already have low hp (sacrificing stats for a full dmg asura) then reduction of 30%? What we will use against high HP MVP? Finger offensive? OMG
    Laeta
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Laeta on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:14 pm

killing spree wrote:Champ just got lamer, the class already have low hp (sacrificing stats for a full dmg asura) then reduction of 30%? What we will use against high HP MVP? Finger offensive? OMG

Have you even tested your damage yet? Well, I have. Using a naked char (this includes no Newbie Pack items), with full INT and STR and the damage I did was
    still 700k!

You also seem to forget that ATK got a general buff of 20% first, this includes Asura damage. Which means Asura got a 30% reduction of a actual 120% damage.
    That results in only a 10% Nerf! Allow me to help you for a better understanding: 120 - 30 = 90% / 100%.

Okay now, sum it up and count it out. With average equipment; Wool Scarf and Tidal Shoes with a Sohee Card (15% SP) or an Antique Firelock Card
    (10% SP), a slotted middle headgear (+3%SP) - Most of those equipment also give a HP bonus. Let's not forget to mention the weapon you'll be wearing with
    probably 4x Abyssmal Knights, you'll still be able to at least double that damage! You can benefit from Ygg Berries too, which makes a damage
    of 1.4~1.5mil close to spammable. All that being said, Champion still remains the most superior class for MVPing purpose.

What we try to achieve is for players to not rely on just one skill. Faction Wars, WoE and PvP do not need to revolve around Asura, and asura only.

-- Keep in mind, we are still working on quest equipment too! The Faction War set will also at least grant you another +20% HP & SP bonus.

Last edited by Laeta on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gilabert

Post by Gilabert on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:59 pm

killing spree wrote:Champ just got lamer, the class already have low hp (sacrificing stats for a full dmg asura) then reduction of 30%? What we will use against high HP MVP? Finger offensive? OMG

Really? Champion is still the go to class against most MvPs I don't see why you think they are lame. I do agree with the reduction on asura damage considering how op it is, and I could still hit the 999k damage cap pretty easy and still get 100k hp and max aspd with my build.
    Laeta
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Laeta on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Thank you for your input, Gilabert.

I've also modified my post to clarify how little of a nerf it actually got. Please read the bold letters, killing spree. You've absolutely nothing to complain about.

killing spree

Post by killing spree on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:21 pm

thanks for clarifying!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:19 am