Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Laeta
Assu
Crayon
7 posters

[Done] Update - 21/08/2013 - Card Changes, Build Manager & More!

Crayon
    Crayon

[Done] Update - 21/08/2013 - Card Changes, Build Manager & More! Empty [Done] Update - 21/08/2013 - Card Changes, Build Manager & More!

Post by Crayon Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Good morning everyone! We're now done with another update that you've all been anticipating, please remember to run your patcher!

Card Changes

Here is a list of the changes we've made to cards.

• Golden Thiefbug Card - now reduces 80% of all incoming damaging magical effects, up from 50%.
    • Maya Card - now reflects magic back to the caster at a 15% chance, down from 50%.
    • Kiel D-01 Card - now gives 20% after-cast delay reduction, down from 30%.

Slotted Lower Headgear

The following is a list of headgears that have had a slot added to them:

• Pussy Cat Bell
    • Four Leaf Clover
    • Baby Pacifier
    • Bandit Beard
    • Chewing Gum
    • Candy Cane In Mouth
    • Chocolate Donut
    • Well Chewed Pencil
    • Cigarette
    • Crunch Toast
    • Donut In Mouth
    • Fish In Mouth
    • Gangster Scarf
    • Gentleman's Pipe
    • Ninja Scroll
    • Pirate Dagger
    • Rainbow Scarf
    • Romantic White Flower
    • Samurai Mask
    • Spare Card
    • Spiked Scarf

All of which can be purchased via our donation/vote NPC. More of which will be added in a future update, with a possible universal stat change as well!

Other Additions/Changes

• Newly created accounts will now be given 2 free cash points, spendable in the vote/donation NPC. This is to benefit new players! We will not be giving out cash points to existing accounts! SEE BELOW!
    • Hardrock Mammoth, Tendrillion and Zherlthsh added to MvP Arena NPC, located under mini-bosses.
    • Build Manager NPC - now with the added ability to create and switch builds, ability to reset your feeling/hatred map settings as a Star Gladiator, retains the current ability to reset your stat and skill points.
    • Removed Neo Gear & Elemental Armor Pack from Vote/Donation NPC
    • Pori Pori MvP - now will drop slotted elemental armors (including wind/earth) instead of unslotted.

We have decided to remove the free cash points when you create a new account due to 2 players giving us a heads up as to how exactly it can be exploited.
    Thank You to Gilabert and Phocus! (Please see me in-game so I can thank you properly.)

This is all for now, stay tuned for more to come, happy hunting!

- WarfareRO Staff

Last edited by Crayon on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:44 am; edited 3 times in total
    Assu
    Assu

[Done] Update - 21/08/2013 - Card Changes, Build Manager & More! Empty Re: [Done] Update - 21/08/2013 - Card Changes, Build Manager & More!

Post by Assu Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:16 am

Laeta wrote:MATK has been confirmed to be too powerful, I've observed two players fighting in PvP last night, and even with a GTB Valkyrie shield the High Wizard
    still did well over 10k damage. MATK was previously divided by /15, it'll now be by /25.
    You changed the matk formula by making it /25 from /15, and you're having GTB at 80% now. Doesn't that just put magic classes at such a big disadvantage? At least have the matk formula back to /15 if you're going to have GTB @ 80%.

15% Maya Card just makes the card a bit useless. Since you're going to be taking full magic damage for 85% of the time that you wear it (Unless you're lucky enough to instantly reflect). And if you're going to rely on a measly 15% in a 1v1, why not just use GTB which is 80% magic reduction.
    Laeta
    Laeta
    Administrator
    Administrator

[Done] Update - 21/08/2013 - Card Changes, Build Manager & More! Empty Re: [Done] Update - 21/08/2013 - Card Changes, Build Manager & More!

Post by Laeta Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:24 am

To reply on your GTB comment; The stated 10k we tested with was a target that used a Valkyrie GTB, and the High Wizard we tested with did not have any MATK increasing equipment
    which means no Zakudams, no Kaho, no Fallen Bishops, no Imp/Siroma, no nothing of the kind. A well-equipped High Wizard can still deal very decent damage.

As for the Maya Card, we've had several complains about this that casters can't use any skills without having to worry that their magic gets reflected back to them. Something that is more
    than understandable with a 50% reflect rate.
    Nevertheless, I wouldn't say Maya is useless now. This card will still be favored by high HP classes that can heal (i.e Paladins)

I would like you to test first and see if it really is as bad as you think, if it really is (which I highly doubt) please propose what you want us to do in the suggestion section. If you truly happen to
    get a lot of support on your suggestion, we will think of something else.
    But in all honesty, I think we're done messing around with (at least) GTB; it is how we want it to be, it does not make certain classes useless, but it's still worth getting because of the fair
    reduction it gives.

I hope you can try to place yourself in our shoes and understand that we have a LOT of suggestions/complains to deal with. We do our best to find a way in between to hopefully satisy
    every player, if not entirely, at least a little bit, but unfortunately there are times that this is close to impossible.
    Assu
    Assu

Post by Assu Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:58 am

rofl. No no, I didn't meant to sound condescending or offensive by any means to the staff with my previous comment. Just wanted to let you know what I thought about the recent changes, and to see what sort of explanation the staff had to satisfy my doubts about them. Which you just did.

I do have to try it out for myself, haven't been online lately because my plate has been full with research papers and miscellaneous schoolwork. But I guess I can find time out of my schedule to check it out.

;D
    johlanjj
    johlanjj

Post by johlanjj Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:55 am

now my bolts only do 1k if they have gtb and i am fullt geard with exell and 4 zakudums fbh and 2 siroma my coldbolt only does 1k
    i think 80 might just be too much!
    killing spree
    killing spree

Post by killing spree Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:20 am

Nice updates, i know most people will be disappointed by this, Magic dmg is reallly OP, some players are starting to act noticeably cocky and hard headed.. welll atleast thats what my sister said, keep it up and goodluck with the server!!
    Gilabert
    Gilabert

Post by Gilabert Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:53 am

Hmm don't think the cash points for newly created accounts would be a good idea. It can just be exploited it by making a ton of new accounts and cashing them in then trading 2 main account.
    Crayon
    Crayon

Post by Crayon Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:04 am

They are the in-game cash point that cannot be traded or transfered.
    Gilabert
    Gilabert

Post by Gilabert Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 am

But people can still trade items to new accounts, and use the cash points for decarding and using the cash points to safe refine equipment then trading them back.
    Saturdays
    Saturdays

Post by Saturdays Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:27 am

I am really happy with these new changes! Playing as a wizz myself (currently) how it was before it was frustrating to play against and with this more even fights will be possible now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm