Just a update. <:

Laeta
    Administrator
    Administrator

Just a update. <:

Post by Laeta on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:46 am

Hello everyone!

We promised to keep you updated every once in awhile, but the truth is, we've just been so busy that we didn't really had the time for this!
    Apologies for that, but here is the promised update of what has been done so far! Wink

• We've started working on excellent weapons, this is a tough task to do, because they all had to be designed and scripted all over. We are not done yet, but if we work hard, we'll get to finish them the coming ~2 days.
    • HP of MVPs have been decreased, they still take some time, but not over 10 minutes to kill! (Except maybe for the stronger MVPs, but all the others such as Eddga, Turtle General, Amon Ra, etc, all have very fair HP).
    • The item descriptions change is almost finished! This means that the item description will correspond with the Pre-RE items, instead of with the RE items.
    • We've noticed that no one really participated in events, we want to change this. After the update there will be a gold room available; but to enter, it requires 10 Event Tokens! Players that decide to enter it are only able to spend 3 minutes into the room. We don't like the thought of any player being able to enter a gold room whenever they want, but at the same time we wanted to offer a more interesting way of getting zeny; this is the outcome.
    • War Coin rewards has been increased for the following Events: Faction War (From 3 to 5 for the winning team, from 1 to 3 for the losing team), WoE (3 before, now 5), The Hunger Games (1 before, now 3).
    • Because the EXP gain in Pre-RE is by far slower than in RE, we decided to bump up the rates. After the launch, the server will offer 1500/1500/1500 rates. The drop rates are still uncertain! If players prefer them to stay as 500x/5%, please make sure to let us know in time! So we can properly update the advertisement banners!
    • Someone mentioned that the concept of first having to buy a regular Kaho and then having to do a quest for it to upgrade it was a little silly. After the launch you'll notice that all the customized Kaho Horns are put in one NPC, so players can get a customized version right away.
    • Bored of your Kaho sprite? This too has been taken care of, after the launch you will find a Kaho Trader NPC, this allows you (for 3 cash points) to change your Kaho sprite in for another!
    • Job suits will be available in the Event Token Trader! This is a usable item that, when you double click it, your appearance will change into that of a Third Job. If you want to swap back to your normal job, you can simply buy the "Trans Suit" item and double click it! Take note, you will only be able to change into the third job version of your trans-class. This means; Champ can become Sura, Sniper can become Ranger. A Rune Knight, for example, can not turn into the sprite of a Arch Bishop. Why? Because for PvP purpose, we still want players to know which opponent they're facing.
    • Charms will be available! Charms are items that sit in your inventory in the "ETC" tab. As long they're there, the bonus will apply. There will be no need for them to be equipped or what-so-ever.
    • LH3 MVP cards are going to be adjusted to only make them useful for their proper class; i.e: Lord Knight Card will only be useful for Lord Knight and Paladin, High Wizard Card will only be useful for High Wizard and Scholar, and so on.  
    • I'll try (if I find the time for it) to put in a few more Kaho's. Some more newer, exciting sprites. I can't however promise that this will be done in time (~2 days).
    • Our new website and forums will now be open for public. We'll still keep track of old/current one until the advertisement in RMS is over. For this website we've made a web-based vend browser/searcher [Link] (Demo). This feature includes the shop names, merchant names, shop cordinates, item sprites, item names, amount that's being vended of each item, prices, refine rates, cards compounded on the items, and has a minimap display feature! It can be accessed through our website! Wink

That's about it so far.

Now, here is some stuff that we're working on for a update in the near future;

- Lower Headgear quests - we truly apologize that we haven't gotten to this yet!
    - More interesting WoE treasure drops; we're taking requests for this.
    - More Kaho's. Same as above; we're taking sprite requests!
    - Buffed FW equipment stats.

The ETA for the downtime is still about 2 days... still a lot to do in so little time. Please bear with us!

Thank you!

- Laeta & Crayon
    WarfareRO Staff

Last edited by Laeta on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:30 am; edited 3 times in total
    killing spree

Re: Just a update. <:

Post by killing spree on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:40 am

I thought 500/5% is too high.. Why not making it 100 or 200? Id love a challange when farming mvp cards, and to add to that we have an mvp room so it will be a little challenging but its all worth it in the end.. I rembered i have nothing else to do than wait for players in fw, coz i got all i need already in a span of few days.another idea is you can lower the mvp card drop only (keeping the other rates at 500/5% so it will be a little bit challenging for the player to farm mvp cards.
    Laeta
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Laeta on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:50 am

Thank you for your input!

Anyone else who agrees with killing spree?

Please be so kind to vote for us! Or like us on Facebook!
    Also, reviews are very much appreciated! - Thank you!
    killing spree

Post by killing spree on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:03 am

To follow it up, ive been scanning the server rankings since the server was offline, and what i saw is that most server now adays have a custom drop rates, or floating rates, in my opinion, it is better to keep the mvp card drop rate to a minimal so players can hunt more and enjoy the mvp farming, it woulbe very rewarding in the end if i got a card in a 2 or 1% chance.. Also it will encourage players to play more given that having a rare card with them will be very much rewarding specially in the FW events..this will also encourage event joinings because of ET=bubble gums and more and more people joining mvp events because of free mvps rather than spend money on mvp rooms plus the teamwork to kill a high level mvp.
    Laeta
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Laeta on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:53 am

Cray actually also suggested to stay at 5% because he thought 15% is too high. I'm not sure about 1~2% though. Not exactly sure why, but personally I always found it weird to make certain drop rates part from all the other rates.
    But yeah, that's just me and this server isn't for me but for you. So let's see what other players have to say about this!

Please be so kind to vote for us! Or like us on Facebook!
    Also, reviews are very much appreciated! - Thank you!
    killing spree

Post by killing spree on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:48 am

Thanks, i just thought it will be more exciting if there is challenge on that, i found it boring after a couple of days of playing and farming because its really easy to get, on the 5% its till too high, with the mvp room it should be easy to get cards on a 1% chance, not to mention bubble gum is available in the game, anyway its just a suggestion, its all gonna be good in a long run.
    Saturdays

Post by Saturdays on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 am

I don't agree on rates being nerfed after all this server was designed with a high rate in mind and not a mid rate. Ill elaborate later today when I got more time
    johlanjj

Post by johlanjj on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:15 am

i think it should be 10-15 because yes it is a high rate
    killing spree

Post by killing spree on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:57 am

5% is already high.. In a long run it will be too boring Sad
    Crayon

Post by Crayon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 am

Personally, I'm split down the center as far as the normal/mvp card drop rates are concerned. I wouldn't mind seeing both a 5% or 15% drop chance on cards.

The reason I like the lower 5% is because, it requires players to do a little more work in order to get the cards they want. It sets the basis for more team-oriented playing, meaning even outside of FW/WoE/PvP, players can build a relationship with fellow players, meaning guilds can populate more or form alliances together and more readily available groups will be formed for the Faction Wars as well. Also its more satisfying for players to be able to be able to fight effectively with gear they themselves worked for.

However, I also like the idea of a 15% drop chance, because well, we are a PvP-based server. The whole idea behind the server is for players to join the game, pick their class and quickly get a nice set of gear that can help them in PvP. A higher drop chance enables people to participate right away in our main event: Faction War, as well as be able to jump into WoE and help to dominate the castle. It also helps people have every item at their disposal that they'll need to have in order to do well, without having to go through all of the grind.

Keep in mind though, that some really great pvp cards (Ghostring, Angeling, Devling) are not MvP cards, so due to cards like such, if we keep the drop chance of MvP cards at 5%, we should keep all card drop rates at 5%. Also having two different drop rates for cards, in my opinion, feels odd.

TL;DR
    5% card drops = can help create loyalty, friendships and relationships among players/guilds due to team-work needed to get more difficult cards, can be more satisfying for a person to know they worked for their items that they use to beat skulls with.

15% card drops = makes more sense as we are a high rate server, enables a player to get into the main content faster (FW,WoE,PvP), helps players formulate their builds easier and enables them to be more readily effective in pvp-related situations.

These are my thoughts on the drop rates. For our server in particular, I prefer the higher rates.

Last edited by Crayon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Vulkier

Post by Vulkier on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:44 am

I suggest that the rates on cards and equips should be higher so it will be easier to get characters equiped and what not. and perhaps as time progresses, Custom equips and cards can be added to drop from quest summoned monsters and custom monsters at a lower custom rate, to try and add a rarity factor with a sense of community to obtain them.
    Gilabert

Post by Gilabert on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:48 am

Crayon wrote:TL;DR
    5% card drops = can help create loyalty, friendships and relationships among players/guilds due to team-work needed to get more difficult cards, can be more satisfying for a person to know they worked for their items that they use to beat skulls with.

15% card drops = makes more sense as we are a high rate server, enables a player to get into the main content faster (FW,WoE,PvP), helps players formulate their builds easier and enables them to be more readily effective in pvp-related situations.

These are my thoughts on the drop rates.
    So, why not juts make it 10% drop rate for cards?
    killing spree

Post by killing spree on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:55 am

5% is enough as it used to be.. anything higher really is boring.. lets keep the original shall we?

LazyKitty

Post by LazyKitty on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:21 am

5% is a enough like killing spree said....any higher n it will be boring...u don't want everyone with MVP cards in the 1st few hours of re-opening the sever u want players to work for it
    Saturdays

Post by Saturdays on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:40 am

Alright so this is what I personally think could be great for card drops. First lets  keep in mind this is a high rate PVP server that has heavy emphasis on users obtaining end game content through questing and PVPing so there's that to also keep that in mind. Where does MVPs fit in to all of this? Simple answer would be nowhere, however this is ragnarok online and having cards to boost and balance within other classes is crucial for a semi-balance game. Our game goals is already heavily simplified by doing 4 quests and lastly get the pvp weapon and enjoy the game. There will be little variation within builds for now till more custom gears come out. With that being said, back to the main question "What do I think about card drops?" cards should still be either be kept at 5% still or raise it towards 10% (I personally prefer 5% since there's still a good balance regarding its rarity). I'll say it now and I'll say it again people always bring new players into all arguments all the time, and the fact of the matter is that RO was never a fair game to begin with. A new player should NEVER be compared to people who already established themselves in the server and played way more than they have, and all of the sudden give them an easier route to gain everything much quicker.. It simply isn't right. My whole point of this is to give some further insight that at the end of the day players still need some sort of challenge and that is the cards to be kept at a nice 5% because it not only gives an incentive to kill easy MVPs to get their card so players can be semi useful in PVP but people who played longer can cherrish their difficult MVP cards that they've gotten but other new players will be also obtain them as they play more with out these rates going too high and ending up handing them to players.
    Crayon

Post by Crayon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:21 am

I have decided, to keep track of what exactly everyone wants, to make a poll on our new forum. So please, those who wish to cast their vote on what they feel the card drop rates should be set to, then please visit the following: Link

A link on the new poll will bring you back to this topic, so do not worry about needing to re-post your entire thoughts on the matter if you do not want to, it is merely for us to have an easier way to see what you guys want.

As a reminder, you must be registered and logged in with the new forum in order to post and cast your votes!

Thank you! We will still be keeping watch on this topic!

loch19

Post by loch19 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 am

I'm all for increased drop rates. I like the increased war coin rewards and the gold room seems like a good idea. As for MVP cards I'm thinking 10% is good. It makes it easier to properly gear up for FW in a decent amount of time. The server is also advertised as a high rate server so higher drop rates makes sense.
    johlanjj

Post by johlanjj on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:05 pm

i think 10% would be good

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:38 pm